The Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge
Flame Last Picture

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

WHAT ABOUT THE GRANDCHILDREN?

February 22, 2013

My relation with my Northern (N) son continues to worsen. Now I was getting fewer and fewer opportunities to talk to my granddaughter. He said "it was my decision to do what was right for my family". This time I did some confrontation such as the person who was being hurt the most was my granddaughter. Her grandmother whom she loved was being taken away from her. My son was modeling how to treat mothers and grandmothers. I asked him how long he was going to hang on to all this anger. I asked if he remembered how angry he was with his brother when he and I were estranged and was causing me a lot of pain. No response. The last thing I said was did he even have a clue as to how much he was hurting me?

About an hour later the phone rang and it was my granddaughter asking if I wanted to "Skype". After telling her how much I loved her I said I would have to fire up my computer. Her response was "awesome". Then she said I'll be in my chair waiting. She likes to share with me her pictures, new toys or something from her pre-school. A few days later I got an email from my northern son (N) saying he was coming down in a couple of weeks with JJ and stay at the motel in town with a pool. I was in shock.

I was also surprised at how well the visit went. The focus was on JJ. She was so excited to see me. We all went swimming, out to dinner, played hide and seek and did ceramics at "Frog and Toad". They came over to the house to visit. JJ told me she could hardly wait to get here to play with "Grandma's toys". There was hardly any tension. My son actually seemed to be relaxed. They had driven down making a 2 day drive each way.

I felt like I got a hypodermic needle of feel good family love.

No comments:

Post a Comment