The Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge
Flame Last Picture

Thursday, October 11, 2012

A WEEK IN SAND AND SURF

August 1, 2012

I closed my eyes and let the back of the seat on the airplane start to absorb the stress of the last four months from hell! In a couple of days I'd be walking on the beach playing tag with the waves while my granddaughter scampered back and forth fearlessly grabbing shells and smooth colored stones. One evening we went to one of the nicest ocean beaches. I joined some other beach goers watching the seals swimming back and forth along the beach. Everyone would try to guess where they would pop up their heads next. I enjoyed watching some people as they ran up and down the beach trying to get a picture. It was so funny because they kept running over to the place where they last saw them. They didn't seem to get that the seals were constantly moving and swimming up the beach and then 10-15 minutes later swim back down the beach.

I got to watch my Granddaughter at her swim lessons as she discovered she could swim on her back the length of the pool. She was excited enough to put her face in the water and use her arms and legs and swim back. I think she was excited to have me there as well, and wanted to show me what a good little swimmer she has become at age four. She even leaped off the edge of the pool and discovered how much fun that was. Later we got some great pictures of her diving off the rocks into the lake.

There was a boat ride around the lake with family and friends and their new black lab puppy and a friend's dog. One of the dogs kept trying to bite the waves as we splashed into someone's wake. The week was finished off with one of the largest lobsters I have seen in a long time. It was fresh off a friends fishing boat. I had tried to approach the week one day at a time in hopes that there might be an opportunity for discussions as to what is really happening to cause this adult child to become so hostile towards me. But it did not prepare for what came at the end of my week of vacation when I was scheduled to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment