The Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge
Flame Last Picture

Thursday, May 23, 2013

VERTIGO AT THE HAIRDRESSER

April 22, 2013

It was a beautiful Saturday. After a couple of errands in town I stopped to get my hair done on the way home. I was feeling fine. I was going to get some yard work done. That evening I had plans to attend a play at local community college.

Finally it was my turn. I followed the beautician to the wash bowl. When I leaned my head back the room started to spin around. The whole washing process had to slow down. Then, when the beautician started to wash my hair with her fingers I had another spell of vertigo. I asked her to be really gentle. Somehow I managed to get my hair colored, washed, trimmed and styled. Even with a cane it was a challenge to get out the door to my car. I was fortunate that my house was only about a block away. I urgently needed to use the bathroom so I raced into the house. Then I started to throw-up. I do not even remember peeing. By the time I was done, I was done in. Now I was extremely dizzy. Technically this stage was not vertigo since there was no spinning. I was dizzy and not the room. Well the aftershocks lasted for four or five days. I was constantly nauseated and could not work or drive or get around. I spent a lot of time on the sofa. This was almost as severe an episode as I had last August when the whole thing started.

No comments:

Post a Comment