The Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge
Flame Last Picture

Friday, January 13, 2012

ANGELS WEAR TEE- SHIRTS

October 5, 2011

In the middle of the entire crisis with my cat, a long-term rumor border moved out of a small apartment over my garage on September 1. He helped out with some household expenses, mowed a big yard and helped carry in the dog food sometimes. The presence of a strapping young man gave a sense of security to this disabled senior who lives alone. But alas, I could not deny him what most of us yearn for – someone to love and love us in return. In short, he fell in love.

As I checked out the apartment, I found that my propane furnace had not been working properly. There was soot on the ceilings, the windows and the kitchen cabinets. The whole apartment had to be painted. Then the hot water tank crashed. Even with his deposit the costs were piling up along with the hours to get the studio ready to rent.

Enter a couple of the angels, real answers to my prayers. Let us know what we can do to help. They said. So after work he and his wife would come by several times a week to paint and clean. I was thankful for this and all their help, but blessed with their new friendship. Plus, this couple is raising their 3 small grandchildren. Actually, they told me helping other people, was giving them excuse to get a break from chasing 3 small children around.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment