The Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge
Flame Last Picture

Saturday, February 11, 2012

PACKING UP THE CHRISTMAS TREE

February 3 2012

Yes I just finished packing up the artificial Christmas tree. I am not one to put up our tree by December 1. My parents didn't put up the tree until Christmas Eve – after we children went to bed. As we got older we got to go help pick out a tree. Typically it was decorated close to Christmas Eve. This way the magic, beauty and wonder of the tree had the highest impact and you weren't bored of it. It was close to 12th Night or the 12 days after Christmas before the tree came down.

In more recent years I have kept the tree up for the month of short dreary days with little sunlight. The kids are grown and gone and the grandchildren live too far out of town. I find keeping the tree up is a way to jump start early spring and out of SADD.

LET THERE BE LIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment